Reports say that Self-Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSF) generally achieve higher returns than industry funds. As a result there has been strong growth in the number of people who want to manage their own superannuation fund and plan for their retirement.
There are a number of reasons why setting up your own SMSF might be right for you:
- To better control your investments
- To minimise administration and management fees
- To have more flexibility with your investments
- To achieve a better return than what managed funds can offer
If you are interested in setting up a SMSF, then the team at GJ North & Associates can help you with all your superannuation needs and get you started on the road to retirement.
In addition to an initial setup fee, there will be on going costs involved in preparing the annual tax and regulatory return and administering your fund to ensure it remains compliant.
We can help with:
- Establishing your SMSF
- Obtaining the Funds Tax File Number and Australian Business Number
- Preparing the Funds Annual Financial Statements and Income Tax and Regulatory Return
- Provision of the Funds Trust Deed and other necessary documentation to establish your SMSF
- Advice on appointing appropriate Trustees
- Administering and complying with your ongoing annual SMSF obligations
If you think a SMSF is right for you and will help you to achieve your retirement goals then talk to the team at GJ North & Associates today.